Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fuck.

So, my Windows crashed on my laptop. I had sent updated my blog, but apparently it didn't save. SO fuck.

We had last week off of school for Victory Day. It was the best week fo my life. Every day, I woke up, made Oleg breakfast, went to bed, then woke up, cleaned, went sightseeing, took myself to lunch, then made Oleg supper. Avoided homework the entire time. Victory day was interesting... went to Oleg's parents' house, where his mother and grandmother tried to kill me through over-feeding. We watched the parade on tv, which is SO different from American parades... they show off their military. Oleg and I made fun of Putin and Medvedev throughout the parade...

We later met Stephanie and Whitney at Sparrow Hills for a picnic. I watched the fireworks with Stephanie from the university... nice fireworks, but the crazy part was that everyone, adults and children alike, cheered and yelled at the fireworks. I felt really weird.

I did the boat cruise down the river Saturday. Fun, but it looked like it was going to rain the entire time. I saw the big monastery I want to go see, plus Museon. There is a little house in Sparrow Hills that I want to explore with Oleg sometime.

The really annoying part about having Oleg is that now, as I wander Moscow, I look for good places to hold a wedding.

Oleg and I also went to the open market, which he is pretty obsessed with. It was pretty neat... very different than in America. We bought meat from a butcher with no gloves or hairnet.... a nice piece of meat that was made into farsh for us and now is a meatloaf.

Let's see... My friends and I went out in a limo last Friday. Everyone got trashed, and I saw the city drunk (as usual) and got to pay a 10 ruble bribe after we were pulled over.

I've also fell in love with Park Pobedy, and found a really great cheap Japanese restaurant near Tretyakovskaya.

And.... thats about it. Center Obuv is the best place to buy shoes... really cheap. There is TGI Fridays at Novie Cherumushki which is essentially in a flea market, and thus really, really strange. You literally have to walk through two other restaurants to get to an emergency staircase where the entrance is located. And Oleg and I booked our Turkey trip... 7 nights in a 5-star resort, all inclusive, for about $1300.

Otherwise, I have finals coming up and am really nervous.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about fuck. I am very impressed from your relation. Your information is really informative for us.

    Russian Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall I see you in Heaven, girl, where we'll have a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy for maaany eons celebrating our resurrection, fulla nekk'n and luuuv'n, drink'n and dancing, magical, hypnotic, renegade, exceeding-the-rules and maaany other, magnificent, wonderFULL things ...?? I hope so, miss gorgeous. Need proof of the Heavenly luxury? radio-acti-V, super-sonic-4D, exceed’n-the-limits? Howsabout you just lookit my profile; lookit ‘MySoulAccomplishment’. God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete