Friday, April 8, 2011

Update

One of the boys picked up the paper I needed, and I managed to drop is under the woman's door before I went to the Tretyakov Gallery on Tuesday. So, at least that is done.

Sorry I haven't updated much this week. Not a whole lot has happened.

I went to the Tretyakov Gallery Tuesday.Its amazing. I got lost on the 2nd floor (where all the 18th and 19th century art is) and just wandered there for a few hours. I never even went to other floors. But I am a little confused, because there were artworks there I know I saw at the State Museum in St. Petersburg. Primarily, Moonlit Night on the Dnieper, which is now one of my favorite paintings.

Here's a link:
http://www.russianartgallery.org/famous/images/kuinji_luna.jpg

From there, I wandered around the neighborhood for awhile. Managed to find some EU building, and the headquarters of Мегафон. I walked all the way to Polyanka. Finally, I figured out where the pizza hut I was look for might be, and walked back near the Tratyakov.

Also, I saw a ton of motorcades in that area.

Pizza Hut was very disappointing. It was much more expensive than in St. Pete, and they did not have the salad I was so looking forward to. Oleg came and got me after he got off of work.

The good news is, we had gone grocery-shopping on Sunday, and I had bought all the makings of an amazing salad. So I was able to make Oleg a Greek salad for his lunch to bring to work, and I made an amazing salad, complete with corn and sauteed peppers and onions. So that made me happy.

Yesterday, everyone skipped Russian class for some reason. I showed up, as did the two Italians. So, we learned a few new words and just chatted about sharks and riding camels.

Afterwards, I got a text from one of the boys asking for an investment. He had bought a ton of really cheap, gross vodka, and had started to infuse it. He already had 2 pitchers of pineapple going, and I was investing in another pitcher and some peaches. So we went to Ashan. Worth it.

After that, we went to Chili's. Despite me spending a decent some of money, we had a great time. I split an appetizer trio, and ate some fajita's... bad idea. After we paid, we decided to have another round of drinks. Calypso Cooler is highly recommended. Not being able to drink with dinner for the next year is really going to suck.

I wanted to go out afterwards with a bunch of the boys, but I had a horrible tummy ache from overeating. I made it home, and fell asleep, with my closes on, for over 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment